Dr Christian Coachman is a Brazilian sixth generation dentist; in 2019 his family line has worked in dentistry for 170 years, as verified by Guinness World Records. Not only did he qualify as a dentist from the most recognized dental school in Latin America, the University of São Paulo Dental School in 2002, he has a double degree, having also graduated from the same institution as a dental laboratory technician in 1995.
His career path has taken him around the world and earned him multiple accolades such as the following:
- In 2004, he was selected by Drs. Goldstein, Garber, and Salama of Team Atlanta, to become Head Ceramist of their laboratory, a position he held for over 4 years.
- He then went on to work with many leading dentists around the world as Dr Van Dooren (Belgium), Gurel (Turkey), Fradeani (Italy), Bichacho (Israel), Ricci (Italy) and Calamita (Brazil).
- In 2015 he was voted in the top 10 of the Most Influential People in Dentistry by UK Dentistry Magazine
- In 2016 he was the most searched dentist on Google
- In 2017 he became an adjunct professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and, in 2018, became coordinator of the Digital Dentistry Post Grad Program at the University Avantis in Balneario Camboriú, Brazil.
- In 2018 he was in the top 19 of the Most Influential People in Dentistry by Incisal Edge Magazine
- He is a member of the Brazilian, European and American Academies of Esthetic Dentistry, becoming the only dentist to have been invited to membership of these three prestigious organisations.
Combining his advanced skills, experience and technology solutions, he pioneered the Digital Smile Design methodology and founded Digital Smile Design company (DSD). Since its inception, thousands of dentists worldwide have attended DSD courses and workshops, such as the renowned DSD Residency program.
He is the developer of worldwide well known concepts as the Digital Smile Design, the Pink Hybrid Implant Restoration, the Digital Planning Center, Emotional Dentistry, Interdisciplinary Treatment Simulation and Digital Smile Donator.
He regularly consults for dental industry companies, developing products, implementing concepts and marketing strategies, as such as the Facially Driven Digital Orthodontic Workflow developed in collaboration with Invisalign, Align Technology.
He has lectured and published internationally in the fields of esthetic and digital dentistry, dental photography, oral rehabilitation, dental ceramics, implants and communication strategies and marketing in Dentistry.